Boehringer Ingelheim Scientist III, Molecular Parasitology in ATHENS, Georgia
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Bring molecular, biochemical and cellular biology expertise to bear on cell line generation, assay development, and reagent generation to support innovation in parasiticide discovery. The incumbent will be a core contributor to translational biology activities that drive drug discovery, including support for molecular target identification and validation, biomarker and pharmacodynamics marker identification and evaluation of new biological data that can be applied to innovate in early drug discovery activities.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Independently develop and implement assays that provide decision making data for both early discovery efforts (pre-R1) and driving progression of projects through the pipeline
· Develop and implement assays that allow rapid evaluation of external opportunities
· Bring both in-house and external resources to bear on projects and new opportunities as they arise
· Work in collaboration with the Molecular Discovery team to support target identification and validation
· Work in collaboration with the screening parasitology team to develop innovative assays that may be employed in screening campaigns
· Develop strong interpersonal skills to interact with the Parasitology Discovery Team and whole Discovery team to contribute to a thorough biological validation package to support Hit-to-Lead chemistry plan
· Contribute to continuous innovation in parasiticide discovery by engaging with internal groups including clinical and the academic parasitology community
· Contribute to growing the capabilities of the translational biology lab over time and train additional team members
· Contributes managing on a daily basis global research project activities within the Molecular Discovery (Parasitology) unit and presents data to project teams or screening review teams with other R&D Functions and research partners. Activities have to be compliant with legislative expectations of regulatory agencies as well as internal standards of Good Scientific Practice
· B.S./M.S. from an accredited institution in molecular parasitology, microbiology, animal or biological sciences
· At least 3 years of relevant experience in molecular biology, microbiology, biochemistry or cell biology in an Animal Health company or comparable institution or academic institution
· Experience in molecular cloning, sequencing and cell line generation
· Demonstrated competencies in molecular, biochemical and/or cellular biology experimental design, execution and data interpretation
· Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and in a self-directed manner
· Developed communication, interpersonal and intercultural skills allowing effective interaction across other groups in BIAH R&D
· Fluency in English is mandatory
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction
· Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
· Must be 18 years of age or older
Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the world’s top 20 pharmaceutical companies and operates globally with approximately 50,000 employees. Since our founding in 1885, the company has remained family-owned and today we are committed to creating value through innovation in three business areas including human pharmaceuticals, animal health and biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing. Since we are privately held, we have the ability to take an innovative, long-term view. Our focus is on scientific discoveries and the introduction of truly novel medicines that improve lives and provide valuable services and support to patients and their families. Employees are challenged to take initiative and achieve outstanding results. Ultimately, our culture and drive allows us to maintain one of the highest levels of excellence in our industry. We are also deeply committed to our communities and our employees create and engage in programs that strengthen the neighborhoods where we live and work. Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA, Inc., Merial Barceloneta, LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status, including protected veteran status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Boehringer Ingelheim is firmly committed to ensuring a safe, healthy, productive and efficient work environment for our employees, partners and customers. As part of that commitment, Boehringer Ingelheim conducts pre-employment verifications and drug screenings.
Title: Scientist III, Molecular Parasitology
Requisition ID: 1816043